I welcome you especially to the month of October in the year 2021. We thank God for all the great things we have seen Him done in our lives. As we head towards the end of the year, it is my prayer that the Lord will see us through the ember months in the mighty Name of Jesus Christ. We are in an era of insecurity and fear all over the land;
those who go out there are not safe, and if you stay at home there is no safety either. We sleep with one eye open, and our law enforcement and security operatives are having challenges quelling the fire of insecurity, while the military has tried their best in arresting the situation but the more they try the worse things become. When the security operatives are getting tired, who then is safe? Brethren as you read this piece, please know that it is those that the Lord watches over that are safe according to Psalm 127:1.
How do you make the Almighty God your Refuge?
1) By trusting in the Lord: Proverbs 3:5 encourages us to trust in the Lord and not to lean on our own understanding or strength. This means that we should not cast our hope of safety and security on man or the instruments of war and protection, but rely more on spiritual protection through God. However, this does not excuse our laziness or lackadaisical attitude towards doing all that is humanly possible to protect ourselves by being wise, smart and vigilant.
2) Ensure you allow God to be your Refuge by not making yourself a lawful captive (John 14:30): Who is a lawful captive? A lawful captive is someone who makes himself vulnerable to the attack of the enemies. Jesus declared that the prince of this world (talking about Satan and his agents) sought occasion against Him but found nothing in Him. If you want to be a candidate of divine protection, you need to surrender your life to Jesus today and it shall be well with you, and your safety will be guaranteed.
1) Thank God and give Him praise for the gift of life; give Him thanks for your family and the works of your hands.
2) Father, as 2021 is gradually coming to an end, keep me and my family in perfect peace in Jesus’ Name.
3) Lord, please let Your Name avail for me and be my refuge in times of troubles in Jesus’ Name.
4) I cover myself and my immediate family with the Blood of Jesus for maximum protection in Jesus’ Name.
5) Father, please let Your protective Eyes follow me everywhere I go in Jesus’ Name.