I welcome you to February, the month of divine help and assistance. May the Lord Almighty remember you this month, focus His attention on you, raise help for you from Zion, and do a new thing in your life in the mighty Name of Jesus Christ. I believe February is a special and significant month in every person’s life, particularly those who were born in the same month. It is also a special month for those who have been waiting upon God in fasting and prayers; the Lord will hear and answer you in the mighty Name of Jesus.
How Do You Position Yourself for Divine Help in the New Year?
1) Let God occupy the number one position in your life in the new year. The Psalmist said in Psalm 18:1: “I will love thee o Lord my strength.” God can only help and be the strength of your life if you make Him number one in all you do this year. What exactly does this mean? It means you must obey God in all your doings, and this begins by surrendering your life to Him. Psalm 24:3-4 says, “Who shall ascend unto the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully…” Therefore, ensure that you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour today as you read this piece if you have not done so before, and if you have had the experience of salvation, ensure that you improve your relationship with God by obeying His instructions completely. The Bible says in Deuteronomy 33:29 that the Lord is the shield and help of the Israelites.
2) Secondly, you must be ready to be an agent of help yourself if you desire help from God this year. According to Proverbs 11:25, the Bible declares, “The liberal soul shall be made fat and he that waters shall be watered also himself.” In other words, he that helps shall also be helped. In Matthew 25:35-46, Jesus gave us a clear analogy of the blessings that follow those willing to help others. When you help your fellow man, you are also helping God, and He does not owe you anything, and invariably when you help others, you are sowing into God and the kingdom, indirectly blessing yourself because the reward will definitely come from God, the Bible says, even including God’s kingdom. Do not live a selfish life this year; always look for someone to be of help to in 2023 and you will also receive help from God.
3) Learn to cry to God when you need help; more so at this time of prayer and fasting. Do not allow this auspicious time to pass you by without crying to God for help. David said in Psalm 121:1-2, “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,” that is above, “from where my help comes,” and he concluded that, “help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.” In 2 Chronicles 18:31, Jehoshaphat cried to the Lord when the captains of the chariots of Syria wanted to kill him. The Bible says, “…and the Lord helped him and moved the enemies away to depart from him.” In 2 Chronicles 32:20-21, King Hezekiah and Prophet Isaiah cried to God and God sent an angel to cut off their enemies. I decree that as you cry to God for help this year, the Lord will hear you from His sanctuary and cut off everyone and anyone disturbing your peace in Jesus’ Name. Also in 2 Kings 6:26-27, there was a great famine in Samaria having been besieged by Ben-hadad, king of Syria, until people began to kill and eat human beings, particularly their children and as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall there cried a woman, who was a victim of the famine, to the king for help and the king answered, “…whence shall I help thee?” In other words, the king had an understanding that when you need help cry only to God because the greatest help comes only from Him. As you cry to God at this time, help will locate you in Jesus’ Name.
1) Thank God and give Him praise for thus far He has helped you this year and the grace to see a new month.
2) Father, help me to obey You completely in every area of my life this year, in Jesus’ Name.
3) Lord, please let Your help locate every area of my life this month of February, in Jesus’ Name.
4) Father, give me the grace to be of help to others as You strengthen and provide for me this month in Jesus’ Name.
5) By Your help, O Lord, lift me higher and take me to a greater height this month in Jesus’ Name.
Shalom and Happy New Month to you all!