Last month, the Breakthrough and Deliverance Service (BDS) themed THE TIDE SHALL TURN was power-packed and one of the longest since its inception (it lasted 5 hours!). We started with some strategic prayers targeted at demonic powers secretly tormenting God’s people such as:
- Father! Every demonic presence in my home, life, business, neighborhood, disturbing my progress, in the Mighty name of Jesus, CATCH FIRE!!!
- Father! Wherever demonic powers are hiding in my life, destroy them in Jesus name.
- I decree, whatever the enemy has used to tie down my life, glory, promotion and success, LOOSE ME and LET ME GO!
Tide, literally, means the rise and fall of sea levels caused by the combined effect of gravitational forces exerted by the moon, sun and other natural forces. However, spiritually speaking, tide represents trouble that are beyond human control.
CATEGORIES OF SPIRITUAL TIDES (CHALLENGES).
- Challenges that set a limit to how far one can go in life (John 5:1–7).
- Challenges that cut short testimonies (Judges 6: 1–7).
- Challenges that makes one go into error at the sight of miracles (also known as the spirit of error and disobedience) (1 Samuel 15: 1-25).
REASONS FOR SPIRITUAL TIDES
- The extreme wickedness of people (Proverbs 4:16-17).
- Sin (Proverbs 14:34).
WAYS OUT OF CHALLENGES.
- Believe in God and believe in Him alone.
- Don’t ever underestimate what the enemy can do or who the enemy can be.
Afterwards, 9 people accepted Jesus Christ and 7 spirits (failure, delay, poverty, death, witchcraft, failure and barrenness) were cast out of the lives of God’s people. 36 people came to the BDS for the first time.
- Every spirit of failure assigned to my life be bound in the name of Jesus.
- Father! Whatever causes delay in my life, your time is up, pack up your load and go.
- Father! Anyone occupying my sit of progress, be relocated in Jesus name.