2 Kings 7:6-8, 1 Samuel 23:19-29
I welcome you very specially to October, the month of Double Grace. It is my prayer for all the readers of this piece that the grace of God will be sufficient for you this month and greater exploits shall you do in Jesus’ Name.
I strongly believe that this month shall be your month of victory, the Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace. The Lord is set to send confusion into the camp of your enemies and you shall be delivered from their hands in the mighty Name of Jesus Christ. Life is full of battles and it is only those who are helped by God that can be victorious. There are enemies (physical and spiritual) lurking around and looking for whom to destroy, I pray you will not become their victim in the mighty Name of Jesus Christ. Victory is sure when God sends confusion into the camp of the enemies and they do not know what to do about you anymore.
Who is an enemy? One who tries or wishes to harm or attack; One who has ill feelings towards somebody or something. Note that every struggle and defeat is empowered by ignorance. Hosea 4:6 says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…“. Therefore, the first principle of victory in the battle of life is your ability to recognize and identify your enemies. In our second Bible passage, 1 Samuel 23:19-29, David knew clearly that King Saul was after his life to kill him and cut short his dreams and purpose in life. I pray for you this month that the Lord will reveal your enemies to you and whosoever is conspiring against you shall be exposed in Jesus’ Name. Enemies do operate discreetly sometimes and it takes the help of God most times to identify them; may God give us understanding and open our eyes in fighting the battle of life in Jesus’ Name.
Secondly, you have to take away fear and discouragement. You need to be strong and courageous in winning the battle of life. Exodus 14:13 says, “And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.” In 2 Timothy 1:7, the Bible says, “God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power…” This is an attestation to the fact that God wants us to be bold in whatever we do in order to move forward in life. Do not give up or chicken out in the face of challenges, battles are stepping ladder to victory in life for believers (Romans 8:28).
Thirdly, realize the battle is not yours but the Lord’s (Joshua 10:14). 2 Chronicles 20:15 says, “…thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.” Hence always seek the face of the Lord when you are faced with life’s challenges and the Lord will give you victory in Jesus’ Name.
- Thank God and give Him praise for the grace to see another month. Thank Him for the gift of life and the miracles of sleeping and waking up each day.
- Father, thank You for fighting all my past battles for me and giving me victories.
- Oh Lord! Let Your Hands of victory in battles continually rest upon me from now.
- Every enemy of my life shall be exposed and disgraced this month in Jesus’ Mighty Name.
- Father, send Your angels to fight and war for me this month in Jesus’ Name.
- This October, the Spirit of the Lord shall raise a standard against my enemies in Jesus’ Name.
- Oh Lord! Let every goliath in my life fall in defeat this month in Jesus’ Name.
- I refuse to be marked for destruction in Jesus’ Mighty Name.
- Evil conspiracy against my home, life, health, business, marriage and ministry, be destroyed in Jesus’ Mighty Name.
- Oh Lord! Beginning from this month and henceforth, let every evil hand pointing at me wither by fire in Jesus’ Name.
Shalom and Happy New Month!