There is something called captivity, but there is also Someone Who holds captivity captive. Someone Who can imprison the prisoner. Someone Who can enslave the slave master. Captivity means holding one down against his or her will in bondage. Bondage is an unpleasant condition or situation that brings about retrogression, stagnation, failure, and sorrow and makes life difficult.
Types of Bondage:
- Selective Bondage (Genesis 49:1-10).
- Individual Bondage (1 Chronicles 4:9-10).
- Collective Captivity (2 Chronicles 36:1-23).
3a. Corporate Captivity.
3b. Group Captivity.
3c. Family Bondage (Genesis 49:3-4, 35:22, Numbers 26:7-9, 32:1-5, Joshua 8:33-35, Deuteronomy 27:13-20, 1 Samuel 2:30-36, 2 Kings 5:25-27).
Symptoms of Family Captivity:
- All the men are poor, but the women are rich.
- The women do not have a settled home.
- All the men are drunkards.
- Uncontrollable lust, bestiality, and incest.
- Premature death.
- Lack of help.
- Uncontrollable anger.
- Dangerous desires.
- Wishing people death.
- Emotional imbalance.
What to do?
- Recognise that there is a problem.
- Confess your sins and those of your ancestors.
- Pray aggressively.
Pray and fast using the prayer guide specially prepared for this edition of the breakthrough and deliverance service; it is available on our website, www.cityofrefugerccg.org.