I welcome you, brethren, to August; and it is my prayer for you this month that the Hands of the Lord shall lift you, the Lord will surely make a way for you and cause you to live above limitations and challenges in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.
This month’s theme is a reflection of what I believe will occur in the life of every reader of this piece. Advancement means progress, development, enlargement, greater heights of success and the manifestation of God’s glory. A child of God is expected to make progress in his or her journey in life, therefore, it is an aberration for him or her to remain stagnant in any good area of life. Hence, I decree over your life that you will make progress from today, you will move from stagnancy to acceleration and from darkness to obscurity in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
What are the factors that can contribute to progress in your life?
- According to Psalm 75:6-7, promotion and advancement come from God, and it takes a relationship with Him to be entitled to His possessions. Thus, you take the first step toward greatness and advancement when you have a relationship with the source, who is God. This relationship begins when you surrender your life to Him and accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Next is to cultivate a habit of prayer because prayer is the master key to opening doors of opportunities and advancement in life. According to Daniel 6:10, Daniel used the key of prayer to guarantee advancement in his life even in the face of apparent condemnation and persecution. A child of God who wants to succeed in life must not joke with prayer because there are challenges at every junction of success and advancement in life. In Exodus 2:23-25, while the children of Israel were in bondage and slavery in Egypt – now, when someone is physically or spiritually enslaved, such a person is confined and cannot make progress or advancement in life – they cried to God in prayer, and the Bible recorded that the Lord heard their groaning and remembered His covenant. And from that day the process for their advancement began. Also, when they were eventually released from captivity and arrived at the red sea, again, they cried to God and He delivered them, and they advanced to the promised land (Exodus 14:10).
Brethren, in this new month, learn to cry to God concerning all the challenges before you and the Lord will give you victory.
- Thank God and give Him praise for the gift of life and the grace to see a new day.
- Father, I ask for Your mercy over my life and every member of my family; for the rest of this year, let mercy speak for us in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, I declare that no life’s challenge or attack from the pit of hell will be able to stop me from advancing in every good area of life in Jesus’ Name.
- Thou grace for advancement, locate my life this month in Jesus’ Name.
- I decree and declare that I will taste of the goodness of the Lord this month in Jesus’ Name.