To prevail means to overcome, to overpower, to conquer, to defeat, to have victory, and to win. Prevailing prayers usher in seasons of rest, glory and testimonies. One of the three areas that prevailing prayers must address in your life is THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR LIFE (Psalm 11:3).
The foundation is the basis for breakthrough and deliverance to take place, and the righteous can have a faulty foundation (Psalm 11:3). Examples of men with faulty foundations:
- Jabez, whose foundation was sorrowful (1 Chronicles 4:9-10).
- Jephthah, who was born to a harlot (Judges 11:1-2).
- Reuben, who was cursed for committing adultery (Genesis 49:3-4) and his descendants were also affected (Numbers 26:7, 32:1-5, Deuteronomy 27:1-13).
- Eli, who was cursed alongside his generation by God (1 Samuel 2:30-36).
- Gehazi, who was cursed alongside his generation by Elisha (2 Kings 5:27).
However, there is hope for anyone with a faulty foundation as seen in Reuben’s case where his descendants were delivered by the prophet, Moses (Deuteronomy 33:1-6). It is the joy of the Lord for you to succeed in life and to make it to heaven (13 people gave their lives to Christ, while 35 people were attending for the first time).
- Lord, please disconnect my destiny from the spirit of death, failure, disaster and tragedy in the Name of Jesus (Jeremiah 15:15,21).
- (One of the strategies of the evil foundation is to put an evil mark on the affected, therefore say,) Father! By the Blood of Jesus, blot out, remove every evil mark upon me, my spouse and children in the Name of Jesus.
- O evil mark! I address you by the Spirit of God and the Blood of Jesus, leave me by fire!
- Father! Every evil fire that the enemy has ignited in my life, let it quench now in Jesus Name.