I welcome you very dearly to another beautiful month; May, the fifth month of the year. I like to thank God on behalf of every one of us for thus far the Lord has helped us this year. The Lord has been so good to us, He has kept us alive, provided for our needs, watched over us and protected us in all our ways; may His Name be glorified in Jesus Name.
May, the fifth month, represents Grace and Divine Provisions. In Genesis 1:21-23, God created great whales and every living creature which the waters brought forth abundantly for the benefit of humankind. Grace is one of the manifold blessings of God for me and you. It is the supernatural and divine intervention of the Almighty God in the affairs of men. Grace enables you to access the depths and heights that your power and natural gifts cannot attain for you, it confers on you the blessings you do not deserve. I pray for all the readers of this piece that the Grace of God will speak for you and your household this month in Jesus Name.
In our Bible passage, we saw how grace spoke for Joseph who eventually became a leader in the land far away from his birthplace. This can only be the work of grace.
What are the things grace can accomplish in our lives which we can deduce from Joseph’s life?
- Grace is not a respecter of person: “Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons” (Acts 10:34). Joseph was almost the youngest, in fact second to the youngest of Jacob’s children, yet grace chose him and lifted him above others, and he became the most successful of them all. The grace of God will promote you above those who have gone ahead of you in Jesus Name.
- When the grace of God operates in your life, it guides you every step of the way to your destiny: “And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian” (Genesis 39:2). The grace of God ensures that every step you take in your life’s journey brings you closer to your destiny. It is my prayer for you that you will not take the wrong direction in life.
- Grace strengthens in challenges and storms of life: “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee” (Isaiah 43:2). There are bound to be challenges and storms in the course of your journey through life. It does not matter who you are: your gender, status, faith and belief, even if you are born-again and serving God fervently, the anointing cannot stop challenges but because of the availability of grace, one thing is certain as a believer, you will surely overcome. Grace provides strength and enablement in times of need. May the grace of God be sufficient for you in Jesus Name.
- Grace makes your helper remember you (Genesis 41:9-14): The butler eventually remembered Joseph after two full years of promise. No one succeeds alone in the journey of life, God raises people to help others succeed. I pray that your helpers will remember and locate you this month in Jesus Name.
- Grace exposes one to favour (Genesis 41:37-43): Having interpreted the dreams of Pharaoh, Joseph received so much favour that he was made the Prime Minister of the land, in addition to some other goodies. May your life attract divine favour on all fronts this month in Jesus Name.
- Thank God and give Him praise for all the blessings you have enjoyed since the beginning of this year.
- Father, let Your grace locate me for miracles this month in Jesus Name.
- Father, let divine grace guide me every step of the way to fulfilling destiny in Jesus Name.
- Father, please let Your grace be sufficient for me in times of my challenges in Jesus Name.
- Father, please make me a candidate of divine favour this month in Jesus Name.
Remember that Amazing Grace is only available to those who have a relationship with God and those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour; therefore, if you have not, please do so today and it shall be well with you and all yours in Jesus Name.