I welcome you to April, the month in which we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. May the essence of His death and resurrection be made manifest in our lives in Jesus Name. Jesus was crucified and died on the cross of Calvary for you and me, so that we might live above sin and have life, and have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
The significance of the Easter celebration is threefold:
- It is important to remember that without the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, there could have been no hope for mankind. His death on the cross of Calvary brought an end to the works of Satan and the bondage of sin in our lives. “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29). Jesus has paid the price through the shedding of His blood on the cross where He declared it is finished (John 19:30). If you have not received the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, the time has come for you to accept Him so that you may be delivered from the bondage of sin, oppression, sickness, failure and all kinds of afflictions, that His death will not be in vain in your life (Romans 8:1-6).
- Easter also symbolizes deliverance from the works of Satan, meaning that all that is not of God in your life shall give way this month: sickness shall die and give way to healing; oppression shall give way to freedom; yokes shall be destroyed; and the captives shall be set free. Get ready to celebrate your liberty this month in Jesus Name.
- The season also stands for escape from all forms of evil. “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised” (Luke 4:18). “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death” (Revelation 1:18).
As you celebrate this season, the resurrected Christ shall deliver you from all forms of evil, and whatever the devil might have taken from you shall be restored back to you in Jesus Name.
- Thank God and give Him praise for the privilege to see a new month.
- Ask for the mercies of the Lord to help you this month and for His Grace to see you through.
- Father, do not allow your death to be in vain in my life in Jesus Name.
- Father, let every grave that has swallowed my blessings vomit them out now in Jesus Name.
- I decree that the month of April shall be a month of testimonies for me in Jesus Name.
Shalom and Happy New Month.